Transitioner from Western KY! I love your blog, by the way. I love my curl pattern (when my hair is wet), but when my hair dries it fros up. Nothing against fros, but I’d rather my curls hang and stay curly. How can I do that, if I can?
thanks so much for the kind words! :) my blog loves you back!
okay. as you read this, keep in mind that i can only speak from my experience with my own hair. i have very coily, corkcscrew curls. when they’re wet, they look great; if i let it dry without putting any kind of product in it, it kind of just turns into this big blog of oddly textured hair; i’m guessing that’s what you’re trying to combat.
for me the answer is in practicing healthy hair habits and using products that help maintain moisture—the more hydrated my hair is, the curlier it is, and the better defined those curls are. check out this post i wrote awhile back on maintaining hair moisture. and here are some of the products that give me the best moisture retention:
- Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa Conditioner. all natural ingredients, *incredible* slip, great moisture & replenishment after a shampoo. also great to add in with your deep conditioner.
- Syd & Mea’s Finishing Slick. i love, love, LOOOOOOOOVE this stuff. NOTHING makes my hair feel more defined and moisturized. check out this review i did of the product. it doesn’t work for everyone, but my hair just cannot get enough of it. this is what my curls look like on a four day old wash & go using the finishing slick:
now unfortunately, i don’t have any tips for making your natural curls hang the way they do when they’re wet. it’s the water that weighs the hair down, allowing you that hang time. my hair NEVER hangs. it dries and goes straight up in the air. but i like that though.. that’s just what my hair does and the way it is, and the whole point of this natural thang is to accept and embrace what it does naturally. i do know that some people say that their hair hangs more after a henna treatment, so maybe look into that? and of course you can do stretched styles like a braid-out, twist-out, or bantu knot-out, but those won’t make your hair look the way it does when it’s wet.
and finally, a tip: when doing a wash and go, NEVER touch your hair while it’s drying!!! you’ll frizz it up!!
good luck! hope this helped some!!
- beautiful-mystery95 likes this
- walkthepathbyday reblogged this from naturalhairproblems
- walkthepathbyday likes this
- hawkeye9 likes this
- artisticallycrazed likes this
- niikster likes this
- valakers reblogged this from naturalhairproblems
- beautifulblackkqueen likes this
- addictedtoa likes this
- gcrouch likes this
- mlle-naelle likes this
- loud-actions91 likes this
- deafnaturals reblogged this from naturalhairproblems
- alexandripearl likes this
- vivasulamita likes this
- kpaiges likes this
- derykahbadu likes this
- jskinz likes this
- theluxeffect likes this
- hairaddictions likes this
- lastnightsmusings likes this
- voluminousuniquebeauty reblogged this from naturalhairproblems
- femejo likes this
- gettingknowledge likes this
- exaltingmyconscience likes this
- phdramblings likes this
- hotmessdesu likes this
- blackrrose reblogged this from naturalhairproblems and added:
- melliiz likes this
- orbett likes this
- theinnocenceleft likes this
- naturalhairproblems posted this